Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
Today 5:47 am - Worth a click
Fears rose Thursday for the fate of 287 passengers still missing more than 24 hours after their ferry flipped onto its side and filled with water off the southern coast of South Korea.
Today - World
After he was convicted of armed robbery in 2000, Cornealious Anderson was sentenced to 13 years behind bars and told to await instructions on when and where to report to prison. But those instructions never came.
Today - U.S.
- Air fetches $860 in China
Beijing artist Liang Kegang returned from a business trip in southern France with well-rested lungs and a small item of protest against his home citys choking pollution: a glass jar of clean, Provence air.Today - News
- Boston confident of a safe marathon
The arrest of a man with a rice cooker in his backpack near the Boston Marathon finish line led police to step up patrols Wednesday, while organizers sought to assure the city and runners of a safe race next week.Today - U.S.
- Combatants seize tanks in Ukraine
The well-armed, Moscow-backed insurgency sowing chaos in eastern Ukraine scored a new victory Wednesday, seizing armored vehicles and weapons from underequipped government forces, then rolling through two cities to a heros welcome.Today - World
- No hunting necessaryToday - News
- An imagination takes flight at WunderkammerToday - News
- What’s next in gay marriage’s legal odyssey?Today 4:36 am - U.S.
- Experts say video doesn’t show Earhart wreckageToday 3:50 am - U.S.
- Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC manToday 3:49 am - U.S.
- Sinaloa cartel associate brought to Chicago to face chargesToday 3:32 am - U.S.
- Troopers issue report on fatal Fla. day care crashToday 3:30 am - U.S.
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blastToday 3:24 am - U.S.
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentencedToday - U.S.
- Pro-Russian gunmen make inroads in eastern UkraineToday 3:55 am - World
- NATO ups military presence amid Russian threatToday 3:52 am - World
- Curious about Palestine, Israeli visitors returnToday 3:38 am - World
- West slams Russia ’fantasy narrative’ on UkraineToday 3:35 am - World
- Progress in Venezuela talks, but protests continueToday 3:21 am - World
- Ukraine, US to alternately cajole, threaten RussiaToday 3:18 am - World