A Maine judge gave nurse Kaci Hickox the OK to go wherever she pleases, handing state officials a defeat Friday in the nation's biggest court case yet over how to balance personal liberty, public safety and fear of Ebola.
Today - U.S.
Justice Department investigators have all but concluded they do not have a strong enough case to bring civil rights charges against Darren Wilson, the white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, according to law enforcement officials.
Today - U.S.
A Mexican judge on Friday ordered the immediate release of a jailed U.S. Marine veteran who spent eight months behind bars for crossing the border with loaded guns.
Today - News
- Report says 60,000 veterans get triple benefits
WASHINGTON – Nearly 60,000 veterans were triple dippers last year, drawing a total of $3.5 billion in military retirement pay plus veterans and Social Security disability benefits at the same time, congressional auditors report.Today 5:26 am - U.S.
- Graphic military sex survey draws complaints
Shocked and offended by explicit questions, some U.S. servicemen and women are complaining about a new sexual-assault survey that hundreds of thousands have been asked to complete.Today - U.S.
- It’s time to fall back an hour, get extra shut-eye
WASHINGTON – It’s time to reclaim that hour of sleep you lost last spring.Today 4:58 am - U.S.
- Once sleepy campaign issue, education gains cloutToday 5:30 am - US-World politics
- As election closes in, Obama on center stageToday 5:58 am - US-World politics
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- LotteriesToday - News
- Global warming perils agencies, feds sayToday - U.S.
- Settlement reached in hot jail deathToday - U.S.
- Space tourism rocket lost; 1 dead, 1 hurtFriday - Science & Tech
- Trooper ambush suspect in court after long manhuntFriday - U.S.
- Legal order sought as talks failFriday - U.S.
- Phobias appear eerily divided by party waysFriday - News
- Confession ended 1 wrong conviction, led to anotherFriday - U.S.
- Ghosts of the Army RangersFriday - U.S.
- Life goes on for nurse in standoff over EbolaFriday - U.S.
- Severed arm showcases Civil War exhibitFriday - U.S.
- Guard troops sent to site of Hawaii lava flowFriday - U.S.