A three-day cease-fire in the Gaza Strip went into effect Friday following heavy Israel-Hamas fighting that killed 17 Palestinians and five Israeli soldiers.
Today 3:32 am - World
Israel and Hamas agreed to a 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire to start this morning, though Secretary of State John Kerry cautioned there were “no guarantees” the lull in violence would bring an end to the 24-day-old Gaza war.
Today - World
CIA employees improperly searched computers used by Senate investigators involved in a multiyear probe of the agency’s use of harsh interrogation measures on terrorism suspects, according to the findings of an internal agency inquiry that prompted CIA Director John Brennan to apologize to lawmakers this week.
Today - U.S.
- Border measure never voted on
Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and staggered toward a five-week summer break after failing to agree on legislation to cope with the influx of young immigrants flocking illegally to the United States.Today - U.S.
- Libyan militias claim Benghazi
Islamic hard-line militias, including the group accused by the United States in a 2012 attack that killed the ambassador and three other Americans, claimed control of Libya’s second-largest city, Benghazi, after overrunning army barracks and seizing heavy weapons.Today - World
- Demoted executive shoots CEO, kills self
A demoted executive shot and critically wounded his company’s CEO before fatally shooting himself Thursday inside a high-rise office building in downtown Chicago’s bustling financial district, police said.Today - U.S.
- Propane explosions kill 20 in TaiwanToday - News
- WWI aviation still alive at aerodrome in New YorkToday 4:12 am - U.S.
- Cantor tells newspaper he'll resign in AugustToday 4:00 am - US-World politics
- Repairing burst Los Angeles main could take daysToday 3:56 am - U.S.
- Suspect in border agent’s death extradited to USToday 3:49 am - U.S.
- Colorado tightening edible pot rulesToday 3:47 am - U.S.
- Colorado to issue driver’s licenses to immigrantsToday 3:44 am - U.S.
- Couple channel grief into retreat for veteransToday 3:27 am - U.S.
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- LotteriesToday - News
- See-through mice reveal details of anatomyThursday - Science & Tech
- Demoted worker shoots CEO, kills selfThursday - U.S.
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet-crash siteThursday - World
- Wisconsin high court upholds anti-bargaining lawThursday - U.S.
- Israeli shells hit school, marketThursday - World