The U.S. and five Arab countries launched airstrikes Monday night on Islamic State group targets in eastern Syria, and the U.S. undertook a separate, unilateral air attack on what it called an al-Qaida affiliate elsewhere in Syria.
Today 4:56 am - World
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today: 1. FIRST AIRSTRIKES AGAINST ISLAMIC STATE GROUP BEGIN IN SYRIA The Pentagon says the U.S.
Today 5:24 am - Worth a click
Federal prosecutors alleged Monday in federal court that a man who jumped a fence and ran through the White House’s unlocked front door Friday night posed a threat to President Barack Obama and was keeping 800 rounds of ammunition, two hatchets and a machete in his car, parked blocks away.
Today - U.S.
- Militants’ combat nearing Turkey
Fierce fighting Monday between the Islamic State militant group and Kurdish forces just over the border in Syria brought the battle closer to Turkey, triggering a surge of tens of thousands of refugees and raising pressure for the government to step up efforts to take on the Sunni extremists.Today - World
- Government makes foreign moves harder
The Obama administration cracked down Monday on certain overseas corporate mergers and acquisitions, aiming to curb American companies from shifting their ownership abroad to shirk paying U.S. taxes.Today - News
- Funds denied for jets, helicopters
Lawmakers have rejected the Pentagon’s request to shift as much as $1.5 billion in war spending to buy eight new Lockheed Martin F-35 jets and 21 additional Boeing AH-64 Apache helicopters.Today - News
- Afghanistan’s Karzai takes one last swipe at USToday 5:05 am - World
- 2 suspects in abduction of Israeli teens killedToday 3:26 am - World
- Abbas to demand UN resolution to end occupationToday 3:17 am - World
- Amnesty blasts China’s torture tool industryToday 3:08 am - World
- Bin Laden spokesman faces possible life termToday 3:23 am - World
- Trial opens for sheriff accused of ‘road rage’Today 3:16 am - U.S.
- Ukraine rebels say they withdraw heavy artilleryToday 5:07 am - World
- Livestrong CEO leaving after 14 yearsToday 3:22 am - U.S.
- Rights of same-sex military spouses vary by stateToday 5:23 am - U.S.
- Lawyer: Uighur scholar in China gets life sentenceToday 3:28 am - World
- Explosion at Chinese fireworks factory kills 12Today 3:14 am - World
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- correctionToday - Corrections
- lotteriesToday - News
- Pentagon: US, partners begin airstrikes in SyriaMonday - News