WASHINGTON — The Federal Aviation Administration has lifted its ban on U.S. flights to Israel, which it had imposed out of concern over the risk of planes being hit by Hamas rockets.
Wednesday - World
FLORENCE, Ariz. – A condemned Arizona inmate gasped and snorted for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died, his lawyers said, in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.
Wednesday - U.S.
TAIPEI, Taiwan – A plane attempting to land in stormy weather crashed on a small Taiwanese island late Wednesday, killing 47 people and wrecking houses and cars on the ground.
Wednesday - World
- Malaysia jet victims' bodies arrive in Netherlands
EINDHOVEN, Netherlands – Two military transport planes carrying 40 coffins bearing victims of the downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 landed Wednesday in the southern city of Eindhoven, and pro-Russian rebels shot down two fighter jets in Ukraine’s restive east as fighting flared in the region.Wednesday - World
- Body found after house fire reported
MIDDLEBURY – A 69-year-old woman was found dead inside her home after a fire was reported there, police said.Wednesday - Indiana
- US pushes for truce as Gaza battle rages
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Israeli troops battled Hamas militants on Wednesday near a southern Gaza Strip town as the top U.S. diplomat reported progress in efforts to broker a truce in a war that has so far killed at least 684 Palestinians and 31 Israelis.Wednesday - World
- Colorado gay couples want ban to end nowWednesday - News
- Black leaders worry about low turnout in NovemberWednesday - U.S.
- Seniors use roommate-finding agencies to cut costsWednesday - U.S.
- Perdue defeats Kingston in Georgia Senate runoffWednesday - US-World politics
- House, Senate chart separate courses on borderWednesday - US-World politics
- Suspect in Texas police shooting 'presumed dead'Wednesday - U.S.
- Police custody death tests 'Broken Window’ tactic Wednesday - U.S.
- Obama fundraising amid many challengesWednesday - U.S.
- Crews make gains on massive Washington wildfireWednesday - U.S.
- Vigil, march for man who died in NY police custodyWednesday - U.S.
- AP source: Thieves got into 1K StubHub accountsWednesday - U.S.
- Supreme Court allows Arizona execution to proceedWednesday - U.S.
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's victimsWednesday - World
- Parts of Chinese city sealed for bubonic plagueWednesday - World
- Iraq Christians flee with little more than clothesWednesday - World