A nurse who promised to defy Maine's quarantine for health care workers who've treated Ebola patients has left her home again.
Today 9:15 am - U.S.
Ordering firm restrictions for U.S. troops returning from West Africa, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday that the military men and women helping fight Ebola must undergo 21-day quarantines – longer than required for many civilian health care workers.
Today 8:48 am - U.S.
Anonymous White House criticism of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that drew condemnation in Israel is roiling Washington politics, putting the U.S. administration on the defensive and prompting congressional demands for President Barack Obama to repudiate the remarks.
Today - U.S.
- Verdicts upend secret pact to quiet AK-47s
A Navy intelligence official and a California hot-rod mechanic were found guilty Wednesday on federal conspiracy charges stemming from a mysterious scheme to manufacture hundreds of AK-47 rifle silencers for a secret military project.Today - U.S.
- Lava threatens Hawaii homes
Rain fell Wednesday on a red-hot river of lava as it threatened to consume its first home on its slow advance into a rural Hawaii town.Today - U.S.
- Partying ‘zombie’ charged in double DWIs
Police say a woman wearing a zombie costume and makeup was charged with drunken driving twice within three hours after attending an upstate New York bar’s zombie prom party.Today - U.S.
- 11 men sentenced in international child porn ring, including 1 from IndianaToday 8:37 am - U.S.
- Senate control could turn on 2 independents' movesToday 5:50 am - U.S.
- Police: Decapitation, train death could be linkedWednesday - U.S.
- Head of prostitution review resigns over similar incidentWednesday - U.S.
- President, problems give GOP edgeWednesday - U.S.
- White House says it has addressed computer threatWednesday - U.S.
- Court Filing: FBI impersonated repairmen in ruseWednesday - U.S.
- The tiebreaker: Biden’s new role if Senate splitsWednesday - U.S.
- Girls accused of trying to join jihadis confusedWednesday - U.S.
- Hawaii residents leave homes as lava flow nearsWednesday - U.S.
- New Mexico deputy charged with shooting colleagueWednesday - U.S.
- Autopsy: Man killed by Utah police shot from rearWednesday - U.S.
- AP, Seattle Times object to FBI’s fake news storyWednesday - U.S.
- Where’s czar? Ebola raises management questionsWednesday - U.S.
- Supply rocket explodesWednesday - U.S.