Engineer Katie Thatcher nervously wrings her hands near the flight deck, waiting for updates from the crew six decks beneath her. From her perch, the Navy’s next great warship is picture-perfect, its hull shimmering as it slices through the waves.
Today - U.S.
WASHINGTON – The Obama administration is ramping up its response to West Africa’s Ebola crisis, preparing to assign 3,000 U.S.
Today 3:23 am - U.S.
This year is on track to become the deadliest ever for migrants crossing the Mediterranean Sea after two heavily loaded boats were wrecked in the past week, possibly killing 700 people fleeing Africa for Europe – the same number as died during all of last year.
Today - World
- US willing to discuss ISIS with Iranians
As more than two dozen nations pledged Monday to help Iraq fight the Islamic State militants, the United States said it was open to talking to Iran about a role in resolving the crisis, despite Washington’s earlier opposition to Tehran even attending the conference.Today - World
- 6 dead, 15 hurt in Ukraine city
Shelling killed six people and wounded 15 others in the rebel stronghold of Donetsk, the city council said Monday – the worst reported violence since a cease-fire between Russian-backed rebels and Ukrainian troops took effect Sept. 5.Today - World
- Hurricane slams Baja California
Hurricane Odile blazed a trail of destruction through Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula on Monday that leveled everything from ramshackle homes to luxury hotels and big-box stores, leaving entire neighborhoods as disaster zones.Today - World
- Talks of DC statehood resurfaceToday - News
- Afghan suicide bomber kills 3 foreign troopsToday 3:21 am - World
- 12 Nigerian troops sentenced to death for mutinyToday 3:17 am - World
- Philippines’ Mayon volcano showing signs of unrestToday 3:19 am - World
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in EgyptToday 3:27 am - World
- Facing death, Sudanese woman relied on her faithToday 3:07 am - World
- A look at Myanmar’s struggling clay pot industryToday 3:24 am - Myanmar
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- CorrectionsToday - Corrections
- LotteriesToday - News
- Angels clinch playoff spot, beat Mariners Monday - News
- Vietnam soldiers receive Medal of HonorMonday - U.S.
- Arab states to join militant airstrikesMonday - World
- Independence for Scotland could be a messy divorceMonday - World
- Clinton calls for midterm actionMonday - U.S.