Medicare’s finances are looking brighter, the government said Monday. The program’s giant hospital trust fund won’t be exhausted until 2030 – four years later than last year’s estimate.
Today - U.S.
Signaling an escalation of Israel’s Gaza operation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Israelis on Monday to be ready for a prolonged war, and the military warned Palestinians in three large neighborhoods to leave their homes and head immediately for Gaza City.
Today - World
A bipartisan deal announced Monday would authorize about $17 billion to help veterans avoid long waits for health care, hire more doctors and nurses to treat veterans and make it easier to fire executives at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Today - U.S.
- Syrian deaths rise past 2,000
More than 2,000 Syrians – almost half of them pro-government forces – have been killed in just over two weeks of fighting in Syria, marking one of the worst death tolls in the country’s three-year civil war, opposition activists said Monday.Today - World
- Shelling deters Ukraine jet probe
Panicky residents in an eastern Ukrainian town fled their homes Monday carrying a few possessions in plastic bags and small suitcases as shells exploded in the distance, fighting that also prevented an international police team from reaching the site of the Malaysia Airlines crash.Today - World
- 22 receive arts, humanities honors
Singer Linda Ronstadt got the answer to that question she’s been asking for decades: When Will I Be Loved? The answer was Monday at the White House, by President Barack Obama, who hung a National Medal of Arts around her neck and revealed, I had a little crush on her back in the day. The honor was a particularly special moment for Ronstadt, who didn’t make it to her induction toToday - U.S.
- Man accused of molestation killed in shootoutToday - News
- NYC uses food trucks to bring summer meals to kidsToday 3:12 am - U.S.
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planesToday 3:07 am - U.S.
- Hiker, 13, missing in California national parkToday 3:11 am - U.S.
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt collectorsToday 3:09 am - U.S.
- Egypt military kills 7 militants in volatile SinaiToday 4:58 am - World
- Road restrictions for July 29Today - News
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- LotteriesToday - News
- Palestinians say 10 killed in strike on parkMonday - World
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channelMonday - U.S.
- Fort Wayne weather radio off airMonday - Weather
- Minor damage from Sunday's stormsMonday - Weather
- Gaza rages despite Obama’s pleaMonday - World
- US’ dirty coal moving overseasMonday - World