Good news! This rain isn't going to last all day. Showers are likely and we may have a thunderstorm before 11 a.m. Then a slight chance of showers between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. After that, it will gradually become mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
Click for more details and an extended forecast.
ROADWORK & ROAD RESTRICTIONS
Starting today, Tuesday Sept. 2, Berry Street will be closed to traffic between Harrison and Webster streets. The closing will last until Saturday Sept. 6. 2014, for installation of a storm water line.
Click to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
* Jeff Wiehe answers the question "Where are all the fireflies?" Click
* Frank Gray reports that local donations give a downtown juicery a kick-start. Click
* Amid festive mood at Labor Day picnic, city's curtailing of unions raises concern. Click
A QUICK LOOK AT LOCAL SPORTS
* TinCaps unlikely turnaround clinches a playoff berth. Click
* Hotel Fitness Championship aces revamped course. Click
* On this date in 1901, Vice President Theodore Roosevelt made his "Speak softly and carry a big stick" speech. If you want to know what else makes today noteworthy, click for Today in History.
* Let’s celebrate:
National Blueberry Popsicle Day
National Victory over Japan Day (On Sept. 2, 1945, the surrender document was signed.)
National Another Look Unlimited Day (fall version of spring cleaning)