1. TODAY’S WEATHER
* It looks like we're going to have a beautiful day. Expect partly sunny skies, with a high near 84. CLICK for more details and a rainy extended forecast.
2. ROADWORK & ROAD RESTRICTIONS
* Gump Road is closed between Dunton and Coldwater Roads today to install storm sewer. CLICK to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
* There's a ton of things to do this Labor Day weekend. Among them are the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival, Taste of the Arts, and the Tri-State Bluegrass Festival. CLICK to check out Out & About.
* On this date in 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast near Buras, Louisiana, bringing floods that devastated New Orleans. More than 1,800 people in the region died. If you want to know what else makes today noteworthy, CLICK for Today in History.
* Just for the fun of it, let’s celebrate:
National College Colors Day
National Whiskey Sour Day
National Chop Suey Day
4. LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
* Carry-on contraband on display at airport. CLICK
* The Foellinger Theatre summer concert series looks to bring more headliners to Fort Wayne. CLICK
* United Way's goal: Raise $4.9 million. CLICK
* BFGoodrich Tire in Woodburn is filling 60 production positions. CLICK
* Body pulled from St. Marys River CLICK
5. A QUICK LOOK AT LOCAL SPORTS
* Ryan Blaum has the lead in the Hotel Fitness Championship. CLICK
* TinCaps move into tie for wild-card playoff spot. CLICK
* CLICK to read all the latest high school sports scores and stories.