AT THE LIBRARY: • “Art for Homeschoolers,” for ages 6 to 11, will be held at 2 p.m. Thursdays at Aboite Branch, 5630 Coventry Lane.
• “Code Up” will be presented at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday at Hessen Cassel Branch, 3030 E. Paulding Road. For information, call 421-1330.
• “Cooking with Kate,” a cooking program for all ages, will be held at 3:30 p.m. Thursday and Sept. 18 at Little Turtle Branch, 2201 Sherman Blvd. To register, call 421-1335.
• “Sit and Stitch” will be at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the Pontiac Branch, 2215 S. Hanna St. • “The Lab” will be offered at 3:30 p.m. Thursday for ages 12 to 18 at Tecumseh Branch, 1411 E. State Blvd. • “Yarn Lover’s Gathering” will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at Woodburn Branch, 4701 Indiana 101 N., Woodburn.
• The Bach Collegium, Fort Wayne, is holding auditions for singers from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 202 W. Rudisill Blvd. For information, go to www.bachcollegium.org.
• All For One Productions will have auditions for “A Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas” at 7 p.m. Thursday at First Missionary Church, 701 W. Rudisill Blvd. For information, go to www.allforonefw.org.
• “BUY A BRICK”: Huber Opera House and Civic Center, Hicksville, Ohio, is offering the opportunity to buy a brick for the front walkway of the opera house. For information, call 419-487-0288 or 419-542-6909.
• Fort Wayne Community Schools Neighborhood Connection will offer classes in drawing, photography, watercolors and art welding. For information and registration, visit Anthis Career Center at 1200 Barr St., call 467-1075 or check www.fortwayneschools.org.
• Buddy Green will offer a harmonica workshop from 1:30 to 3 p.m. today at Blue Gate Theater, Shipshewana. Cost is $10. for information, call 888-447-4725 or go to www.bluegatetheater.com.
CONTESTS: Warsaw is holding Walk-n-Wander photo and essay contests in conjunction with the Seward Johnson sculptures from Tuesday through Oct. 1. For information, call 800-800-6090 or go to www.livewellinthemoment.com.
MEETING: The Appleseed Quilters Guild will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Classic Cafe, 4832 Hillegas Road. The event will include a quilt show. For information, go to www.appleseedquiltersguild.com.
SCULPTURE DEDICATED: “The Good Shepherd,” a bronze sculpture created by artist Hector Garcia, was unveiled and dedicated at the Rescue Mission, 301 W. Superior St.
VEHICLES ON DISPLAY: Vintage car owners may display their classic cars in front of the Foellinger Theatre, Franke Park, prior to the Beach Boys concert Wednesday. For information, call Natalie Eggeman at 427-6028.
VOLUNTEERS HONORED: Nearly 200 volunteers were honored at Niswonger Performing Arts Center in Van Wert, Ohio.
Arts Update is a listing of arts-related news. Send items at least two weeks before desired publication to Arts Update, The Journal Gazette, P.O. Box 88, Fort Wayne, IN 46801-0088; fax, 461-8648; or email at email@example.com.