A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
* Spiders have forced Suzuki to recall more than 19,000 midsize cars and the Goodman Company is recalling air conditioning and heating units. CLICK to learn about these and other recalls.
* Looking for something to do and like golf? The Hotel Fitness Championship starts this morning. CLICK for schedule and additional information.
* On this date in 1963, more than 200,000 people listened as the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech in front of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. Olympic gold medal figure skater Scott Hamilton, country singer LeAnn Rimes and reality TV star Alana Thompson, AKA "Honey Boo Boo" are among the many celebrities sharing a birthday today. If you want to know what else makes today noteworthy, CLICK for Today in History.
* Let’s celebrate:
National Bow Tie Day
National Cherry Turnover Day
2. TODAY’S WEATHER
Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 79. CLICK for more details and an extended forecast.
3. LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
* A bizarre crash onto I-469 Wednesday afternoon kills driver, closes freeway. CLICK
* Manchester University's "The Brand Cave" is a result of the The Our Story Project - a "unifying narrative" about northeast Indiana. CLICK
* A Wells teacher quits; criminal count filed. CLICK
* Justin Cohn is covering the Hotel Fitness Championship. CLICK to read his story about former British Open champ Ben Curtis and his attempt to qualify for the PGA Tour.
* 3 local businesses recognized at Excellence in Recycling Awards luncheon. CLICK
4. ROADWORK & ROAD RESTRICTIONS
The intersection of Covington and Smith roads will have lane restrictions from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. TODAY. The restrictions are part of the City Utilities water improvement project, the city's Traffic Engineering Department said in a statement.
CLICK to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
5. A QUICK LOOK AT LOCAL SPORTS
* TinCaps beat Whitecaps 2-1. Now one game out of last playoff spot. CLICK
* Ex-Homestead QB to start against Boilers on Saturday. CLICK