A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
* Hewlett-Packard is recalling notebook computer AC power cords. Click to learn about this and other recalls.
* Science Central has announced its annual fall shutdown to perform exhibit and building maintenance. Click for schedule.
* On this date in 1964, The Walt Disney movie musical fantasy "Mary Poppins" premiered in Hollywood. Patrick J. Adams, musician Megan Garrett and actress Chandra Wilson are among the many celebrities sharing a birthday today. If you want to know what else makes today noteworthy, Click for Today in History.
* Let’s celebrate:
National Just Because Day
National Pots De Creme Day
National Petroleum Day
2. TODAY’S WEATHER
* Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 83. Click for more details and an extended forecast.
3. LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
* Bounty hunter wounded & Cromwell man dead in fatal gunbattle. Click
* Governor and head of Kelley Automotive receive a Mad Anthonys Red Coat. Click
* Wednesday is food day in the JG Living Section. Check out ‘The Dish,’ ‘Cook’s Corner’ and read about a "MasterChef" winner coming to Fort Wayne. Click for stories.
* 7th Circuit Court grills states on gay marriage bans. Click
* Old cars meet the new ones as the ACD Festival Hoosier Tour stops at Allen County's GM plant. Click
4. ROADWORK & ROAD RESTRICTIONS
* Beginning today, West Washington Boulevard will have lane restrictions between Ewing Street and Broadway. The restriction will last until approximately mid-November and is for underground storm line installation, the city's Traffic Engineering Department said in a statement. Click to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
5. A QUICK LOOK AT LOCAL SPORTS
* TinCaps use 3 homers to crush Bowling Green 12-3. Click
* The Adams Central boys tennis team captured its first victory of the season with a 5-0 sweep of Blackford. Click to find all the latest high school sports scores and stories.