1. Today will be cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain and a high temp in the upper 80s. Click for an extended forecast.
2. A section of Smith Road will be closed late Tuesday and early Wednesday for a water-main installation. The closure, from Covington Road to about 1,000 feet south of Covington Road, is scheduled from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 4 a.m. Wednesday, the city's Traffic Engineering Department said. Click if you want to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
3. The JG ran a bunch of interesting and informative stories in today's paper. Here are a few you might want to read.
* 1 dead, 2 wounded in shooting. Click
* Gay marriage appeal will be heard today in Chicago. Click
* MDA boot campaign goal passed when FWFD firefighters raise more than $100,000 in 3 days. Click
4. Here are some of the things happening on our local sports scene.
* The playoffs are looking more remote for the TinCaps with their 6-2 loss to Bowling Green. Click
* Carroll golfers beat East Noble. Click to read the latest high school scores and stories.
5. FYI ...
* The Better Business Bureau of Northern Indiana is cautioning consumers about phone calls from someone claiming to be with Adult Protective Services. Click to read this latest scam.
* On this date in 1920, the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, guaranteeing American women's right to vote, was certified in effect. Actress Melissa McCarthy, actor Chris Pine and country singer Brian Kelley are among the many notables sharing a birthday today. If you want to know what else makes today noteworthy, click for Today in History.
* Let’s celebrate:
National Women's Equality Day
National Dog Day
National Cherry Popsicle Day