WARSAW – A Syracuse couple has been charged with neglect and reckless homicide in connection with the fatal carbon monoxide poisoning of their 12-year-old son while police say they were high on methamphetamine.
Darrick Spore, 34, and Candy Sue Chamness, 33, both of Syracuse, were both being held Monday in the Kosciusko County Jail on $150,000 bonds.
Police found Skyler Spore dead in the family’s home June 28 while two gas-powered generators were running. An autopsy determined the cause of death.
A probable cause affidavit filed with the charges on Friday said officers found that both Chamness and Spore were under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of their son’s death.