1. Today will be a great day for outdoor activities. Expect partly cloudy skies with a high in the lower 80s. Click for an extended forecast.
2. Coverdale Road is closed between Winters Road and Airport Expressway through September 12. Click to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
3. The JG ran a bunch of interesting and informative stories in today's paper. Here are a few you might want to read.
* Scammers still finding victims locally Click
* Arrest made, charges filed in 78-year-old woman's beating death. Click
* Wednesday is food day in the JG Living Section. Check out ‘The Dish,’ ‘Cook’s Corner’ and other stories of interest to foodies and those of us who just like to eat. Click
* Deadly deer disease adds layer to canned-hunt debate Click
* Artlink taps marketer as new director Click
4. Here are some of the things happening on our local sports scene.
* Bad night for the TinCaps as they do a lot of swinging and missing in their 5-1 loss to Great Lakes. Click for Justin A. Cohn's story.
* Click to catch up on the latest high school sports scores & stories.
5. FOR YOUR INFORMATION ...
* A unit of Hain Celestial Group Inc. is recalling some peanut and almond butter because of possible salmonella contamination. Click to learn about this and other recalls.
* On this date in 1989, the situation comedy "Saved by the Bell" premiered on NBC-TV. Actress-singer Demi Lovato, TV weatherman Al Roker and broadcast journalist Connie Chung are among the many notables sharing a birthday today. If you want to know what else makes today special, click for Today in History.
* Let’s celebrate:
National Radio Day
National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day
National Lemonade Day
National Medical Dosimetrist's Day