Nine of 11 northeast Indiana counties had July jobless rates below the state's average of 5.8 percent, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development said today.
The two exceptions were Huntington County, at 6.7 percent, and Allen County, at 6.1 percent, the department said in a monthly statistical report.
Kosciusko County's 4.5 percent rate was the lowest in northeast Indiana and seventh-lowest in the state, the report said.
The rates are not seasonally adjusted.
Sullivan County in southwest Indiana had the state's highest jobless rate, at 7.9 percent. Dubois County, also in southwest Indiana, had the lowest rate at 3.9 percent.
The rates in other area counties:
- Steuben, Wabash and Wells counties, 5.5 percent;
- Noble County, 5.4 percent;
- Whitley County, 5.3 percent;
- DeKalb County, 5.2 percent;
- Adams County, 5.1 percent;
- LaGrange County, 4.8 percent.