1. Although it's chilly this morning, today will be a great day for outdoor activities. Expect sunshine, with a high near 75. CLICK here for your weekend forecast.
2. The closure of Fulton Street, between Washington and Jefferson boulevards, ends today, Aug. 15. CLICK here to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
* Covington Road, between Eggeman and West Hamilton roads, is limited today from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for storm drain construction.
3. The JG ran a bunch of interesting and informative stories in today's paper. Here are a few you might want to read.
* Verbatim: Fort Wayne man killed in crash on U.S. 33 CLICK
* A local business panel proposed IU, not Purdue, should govern IPFW. CLICK
* Remember the Fort Wayne Museum of Art's Helmholtz sculpture that was hit by a truck? It's been refurbished and should return downtown in early September. CLICK
* A glitch is preventing water-use reads for some former Aqua Indiana customers. CLICK
* Keiara Carr had a busy week. You can read her interview with Fort Wayne Museum of Art Executive Director Charles Shepard and his quest to diversify the museum's collection. Then you can read her preview of "Moonlight and Magnolias" the often-funny story behind how "Gone With The Wind" was made into a film. CLICK
* Murray's Cheese Shop has opened inside the Kroger store on Dupont Road. CLICK
4. Here are some of the things happening on our local sports scene.
* TinCaps' woes continue with 6-1 loss to Lansing Lugnuts. CLICK
* Greg Jones previews the upcoming high school volleyball and soccer season and the quarterback situation for Bishop Luers and Bishop Dwenger football teams. CLICK
5. FOR YOUR INFORMATION ...
* LAST CHANCE--- We are seeking submissions for our Fall Events Guide, listing activities from Sept. 1 to May 25. The guide includes festivals in Indiana and Ohio, theater performances and art exhibits. Send listings to Terri Richardson at email@example.com or fax 461-8648. Include event name, date, time, location, cost and a contact number. Deadline to receive items is TODAY.
* On this date in 1969, the Woodstock Music and Art Fair opened in upstate New York. If you want to know what other notable events happened on this date, CLICK here for Today in History.
* Let’s celebrate:
National Relaxation Day
National Lemon Meringue Pie Day