I spend a couple of hours on Sundays putting together ingredients for Sunday Brunch, when you have a little more time for the good stuff.
- He has a tiny walker and amputated feet, and he might just make you cry. “I got it!” the New Jersey 2-year-old says over and over again as he takes his first steps. Joyce McCartney suggested the video of Kayden Kinckle. To learn more about him, check out the Facebook page mom Nikki started.
- Todd Dierdorff of Colorado climbed into a deep window well to rescue a young fawn while its mother watched.
- Kara Lopp shared a video of ducks, chickens and a shy turkey in watermelon heaven at the Carolina Waterfowl Rescue.
I love birds and often wonder which one I hear singing. An interactive poster created by the Minnesota Conservation Volunteer magazine allows you to click on a drawing of a bird and hear its call.
- Journal Gazette photos of the week
- Associated Press photos of the week
- This Story Of A Dog’s Last Day On Earth Is Beautiful And Utterly Heartbreaking, as shared by BuzzFeed.
- If you are looking for writing worth reading – even if it’s been around for years – check out a longform archives of Esquire stories.
- It is from longform.com, sponsored by Pitt Writers, the University of Pittsburgh’s Writing Program. Here is its Top 10 list of best stories of 2013.