You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

Advertisement

Generators blamed in Syracuse boy’s death

A young boy found dead in his Syracuse home Saturday likely died from carbon monoxide poisoning from breathing the exhaust of two generators in the home, officials said Tuesday.

When emergency responders were called to a Washington Street home in Syracuse, they found 12-year-old Skyler Spore unresponsive and not breathing, according to the Syracuse Police Department.

An autopsy showed the cause of death was consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning, but a final ruling will not be made until toxicology results are received, the department said.

Investigators believe the generators running in the home were the source of the carbon monoxide.

Skyler’s parents and a sibling were in the home when he died, police said.

Advertisement