I spend a couple of hours on Sundays putting together ingredients for Sunday Brunch, when you have a little more time for the good stuff.
- This video of the nearly extinct Pallas cat posted by Scarce Worldwide on YouTube is a hoot! I didn’t know what a Pallas cat was, so I did a little research. The Ark in Space says it likely evolved 12 million years ago and can only survive in the most isolated areas.
- I spent 5 minutes building a squid. Thought you might like a squid of your own. Courtesy of Te Papa's "colossal squid exhibition" in New Zealand. It was more fun to build my squid than to track it afterward, but you and/or your children might find that interesting as well.
- Journal Gazette photos of the week
- Associated Press photos of the week
- Flashback: Today is the 2nd anniversary of the derecho that brought 91 mph winds to Fort Wayne.
- Snakes and Thorny Brush, and Children at the Border Alone by the New York Times recounts what happens when an 8-year-old boy shows up at the border alone: “Who are you with?” asked Raul L. Ortiz, deputy chief of the Border Patrol for the Rio Grande Valley, speaking in Spanish. “By myself,” Alejandro said, looking up at the man in the olive uniform and pulling a birth certificate, carefully folded, from his jeans — the only item he carried.
- Lesson in faith: “He didn't want me to play football. He knows best.” JG columnist Ben Smith says the story by Greg Jones about former Eagles player Sam Dailey is a must-read. It is.
Duh tip of the day: If you rob a bank, keep your trap shut.