Authorities in Syracuse are investigating the death of a 12-year-old boy found in his home Saturday.
At the time of Skyler Spore's death, there were two gas-powered generators running inside the home, but police said they don't know whether they played a role in his death.
Syracuse police and medics were called at 3:47 p.m. to the West Washington Street home where the boy lived. He was not breathing when they arrived, and his parents and a sibling were present in the home when he died, police said.
Syracuse police, the Kosciusko County coroner and Major Crimes Task Force and Department of Child Services are investigating the boy's death.
An autopsy will be conducted in Fort Wayne.