A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
* National HIV Testing Day is today, and the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health and Walgreens will team up to offer free and confidential HIV testing from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Walgreens, 118 E. Creighton Ave. Click here for story.
* Click here to learn about other recalls.
If you want to know what makes today special, click here for Today in History.
* The NHL Draft begins tonight at 7:00 on NBC Sports.
* National Sunglasses Day
* National Orange Blossom Day
* National "Happy Birthday To You" Day
* National HIV Testing Day
2. TODAY’S WEATHER
We should have a very pleasant summer day with a partly cloudy sky and a high temp in the mid-80s. Click here for more details and an extended forecast.
3. LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
Hate blight? Read here about Fort Wayne receiving $4.7 million to demolish abandoned homes and redevelop the lots.
Can't resist a story about kittens? Click here to read Jeff Wiehe's story of a kitten who survived being stuffed into a plastic bag and dumped in the road.
Do you like free fests? Click here to read Keiara Carr's previews of the BuskerFest and the South Side Fest, both happening Saturday.
Did you hear about the high-speed chase that went through 2 counties yesterday? Click here for Chris Meyers' account of the action.
Who said people don't want to get married anymore? Click here to read how 57 Allen County same-sex couples obtained marriage licenses since Wednesday.
4. ROADWORK & ROAD RESTRICTIONS
Lincoln Highway closed between Gromeaux and Paulding roads through today for pipe replacement. Click here to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
5. A QUICK LOOK AT SPORTS
* Portugal 2, Ghana 1
* Algeria 1, Russia 1
* Cubs 5, Nationals 3
* Tigers 6, Rangers 0
* Reds 3, Giants 1
* Blue Jays 7, White Sox 0