A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
* Don't forget the Lima Road lane switch (between Coliseum Boulevard and Dalgren Avenue) is set for today.
* Moth treatments are scheduled today at sites in Allen and Whitley counties. Click here for story and how to learn whether this affects you.
* The Northeast Indiana Building Trades Apprentice Fair is from noon to 5 p.m. today and Thursday and is open to the public at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne, 2609 Fairfield Ave. The event is targeting the city’s south side in an attempt to make sure opportunities for high-paying jobs are offered to all. Click here for complete story.
* Looking for something to do? The TinCaps are playing the Dayton Dragons at Parkview Field today at 12:05. Click here to check out all of Today's Best Bets.
* Michael Jackson died on this date in 2009. If you want to know what else makes today special, click here for Today in History.
* National Leon Day (Noel spelled backwards. Today is the six month point until Christmas)
* National Catfish Day
* National Strawberry Parfait Day
2. TODAY’S WEATHER
Other than a 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4 p.m., today should be partly cloudy with a high near 80. Click here for more details and an extended forecast.
3. LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
* Wednesday is food day in the JG Living Section. Check out ‘The Dish,’ ‘Cook’s Corner’ and read Steve Warden's story explaining how tea is making a comeback in popularity, even here. Click here for stories.
4. ROADWORK & ROAD RESTRICTIONS
Rose Avenue is closed between Broadway and Middle streets in New Haven ending today, June 25, to replace Norfolk Southern railroad crossing. Click here to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
5. A QUICK LOOK AT SPORTS
Greece 2, Ivory Coast 1
Colombia 4, Japan 1
Costa 0, England 0
Tigers 8, Rangers 2
Cubs 7, Reds 3
White Sox 4, Orioles 2
Diamondbacks 9, Indians 8 (14 innings)