You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • Northbound I-69 reopens in DeKalb after crash
    Northbound Interstate 69 in DeKalb County has reopened after a three-car crash closed both lanes this afternoon, Indiana State Police said.
  • Police warn of potential phone scam
    Someone is calling Kendallville residents and telling them they have won money or a new car. Kendallville police say it’s a potential scam.
  • Police try to ID child's shooter
    Fort Wayne police detectives are still trying to piece together who pulled the trigger in a southeast-side drive-by shooting that put a small child in the hospital Saturday night.
Advertisement

Man, 47, accused of molesting girl

A 47-year-old Fort Wayne man is accused in preliminary charges with two counts of child molesting, as well as battering and strangling the young girl documents say he abused sexually.

According to a probably cause affidavit filed in Allen Superior Court, Gregory Scott Wilson, of the 2900 block of Waynewood Drive, told a girl whom he knew to get into his van, and he then took off her shorts and underwear, and pushed up her shirt. He then performed a sex act on her.

The girl, who is younger than 12, said she told him to stop and bit him on the shoulder.

He told her not to tell anyone, according to court documents.

She told her mother that earlier this year, Wilson molested her in her house and then told her it was an accident, according to court documents.

Wilson told police he “hoped he would be aroused by his actions but was not,” according to court documents.

He remains in the Allen County Jail on $40,000 bail.

Advertisement