A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
- Beware of fake IRS calls. Click here to read about this latest scam.
- It's time to protect yourself from ticks. Click here to learn how prevent tick-borne diseases.
- Weil-McLain is recalling Ultra Series Boilers. Click here to learn about this and other recalls.
- If you want to know what makes today special, click here for Today in History.
- National Corn on the Cob Day
- National German Chocolate Cake Day
- National King Kamehameha Day
Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 77. Click here for more details and an extended forecast.
3. LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
- Shots fired into house
- Continental Dial Tool plans 2nd addition, 54 jobs
- Check out ‘The Dish,’ ‘Cook’s Corner’ and other stories of interest to foodies and those of us who just like to eat.
- Nearly one-third of 2012 Allen County graduates not in college
- City Council reaffirms push to end collective bargaining; veto next
- Dupont Road lane closures are set to start Friday.
- Click here to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
- TinCaps fall to Lugnuts 7-4; Bauers hit streak still alive
- Click here to find all the latest high school sports scores and stories.
- Cubs 7, Pirates 3
- Royals 9, Indians 5
- Dodgers 6, Reds 1
- Tigers vs. White Sox, ppd., rain
Spurs 111, Heat 92 (Spurs lead series 2-1)