A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
- Mayor Tom Henry will proclaim "Senator Tom Wyss Day" at 4 p.m. today. The event takes place in the Mayor's office, on the 4th floor of Citizens Square, 200 E. Berry Street.
- The "Cher Dressed to Kill" tour has scheduled a performance in Fort Wayne. Her D2K website and the Memorial Coliseum website said it will be 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27. Tickets go on sale Monday.
- If you want to know what makes today special, click here for Today in History.
- National Ballpoint Pen Day
- National Iced Tea Day
- National Black Cow Day
- National Herbs and Spices Day
40 percent chance of showers after 10 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Click here for more details and an extended forecast.
3. LOCAL STORIES YOU’LL WANT TO READ
- 3 boys seen fleeing scene of shooting
- Caribbean-borne virus found here
- Customer service boss can be heard on area messages
- Padres' top draft picks often make a stop in Fort Wayne
- State's handling of expanded Healthy Indiana questioned
Taylor Street is closed between North Washington Road and Ardmore Avenue June 11 to June 13. Click here to learn of other area road projects and restrictions.
5. SOME SPORTS SCORES OF INTEREST
Click here to find all the latest high school sports scores and stories.
- Dodgers 6, Reds 2,
- Pirates 6, Cubs 2
- White Sox 6, Tigers 5
- Indians 17, Rangers 7
Kings 3, Rangers 0 (Kings lead series 3-0)