I spend a couple of hours on Sundays putting together ingredients for Sunday Brunch, when you have a little more time for the good stuff.
- Attack of the Angry Bird, story by Rebecca S. Green and video by Chad Ryan.
- The week’s top photos from the Associated Press.
- Here are The Journal Gazette’s top photos of the week.
Reads worth your time
- Nine months later, a few minutes after dropping my kids off at school, I was walking to a coffee shop when my cellphone rang. An officer asked if I was Kim Brooks and if I was aware there was a warrant out for my arrest. The day I left my son in the car by Kim Brooks in Salon.
- Parents are spending thousands of dollars a year – just the travel expenses for youth sports is $7 billion a year – on kids' sports careers. But it might be backfiring. By William Hageman of Tribune Newspapers.
If you missed it
Here are few local stories you don’t want to miss:
- The diner things in life by Steve Warden, visiting Cindy’s Diner before it closed for the big move.
- Life lost, a second scarred by Jeff Wiehe.
- The weekend of a lifetime began with a prank. It ended with a glow that may never fade. When Jarrett Grube was summoned out of the Los Angeles Angels bullpen to pitch two-thirds of an inning against Oakland on Saturday night, the point was not the modest part he played in an 11-3 loss. Nor was it the solo home run he surrendered before retiring the side. By Ben Smith.
Did I miss something wonderful? Send me an email with the link to email@example.com. Anne Gregory is web writer-editor at The Journal Gazette.