I spend a couple of hours on Sundays putting together ingredients for Sunday Brunch, when you have a little more time for the good stuff.
- My father had Alzheimer’s disease, and this CBS Good Morning video of a husband on a mission of love really tugs at the heart. Suggested by Kara Lopp.
- If you need a laugh, this little boy is stressed because he has too many girlfriends. Suggested by Kara Lopp.
- Moose with calves charges pack of mountain bikers at Anchorage’s Kincaid Park in this story by the Alaska Dispatch. Suggested by Joyce McCartney.
- The week’s top photos from the Associated Press.
- Here are The Journal Gazette’s top photos of the week.
- The Rising by The Herald of Everett, Washington, shows what newspapers do best: “On the Oso side, a run-down house with a blue tarp on its roof squatted in the middle of the highway. The valley’s north side was carved into a series of giant earth steps. What lay beyond was obscured by a stand of alder, but way out in the distance, a new range of gray hills slumped over the valley. The few trees that still stood there canted in crazy directions, as though a rug had been ripped from beneath their roots.”
- Money guru Dave Ramsey is accused by current and former employees of his Nashville-based Lampo Group, of engaging in what they describe as an increasingly paranoid campaign to identify and silence critics – mostly former employees – who have commented on Facebook and Twitter. An interesting read in The Daily Beast by Matthew Paul Turner. Suggested by Faith Van Gilder.
- “The Santa Barbara killer’s pulsing antipathy toward women, his shame and fury over sexual inexperience – these were amplified horribly by mental illness, yes, but visit the angrier corners of the Internet, wander in comment threads and chat rooms, and you’ll recognize them as extreme versions of an all-too-commonplace misogyny. Ross Douthat writes about the California killings and #YesAllWomen in a New York Times Op-Ed column.
Did I miss something wonderful? Send me an email with the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anne Gregory is web writer-editor at The Journal Gazette.