You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.


  • Guilty plea filed in near-record marijuana haul
    A 51-year-old Indianapolis man pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court, admitting to dealing large quantities of marijuana shipped in appliances.
  • City to pay $15,000 in police shooting
    The city of Fort Wayne will pay $15,000 to the estate of a man killed by police in late December 2010. Originally filed in Allen Superior Court, the lawsuit was transferred to federal court.
  • Warsaw printer accused over firing
    The Indiana Civil Rights Commission found probable cause that a Warsaw company discriminated against a pregnant employee. According to a press release issued Friday, the Warsaw location of R.

Second defendant admits bank fraud

Three men charged in an $87,000 bank fraud are admitting guilt in federal court.

The second of the three defendants, Courtney Crusoe, indicted in January, pleaded guilty before a U.S. District Magistrate Judge Roger Cosbey on Friday.

Next week, the third and final defendant, Deandre Banks, will appear and make the same plea.

Marcel Banks pleaded guilty this month, five months after a federal grand jury indicted the three.

Crusoe, an employee at Wells Fargo Bank, was indicted on charges of bank fraud, bank embezzlement and money laundering.

Both Deandre Banks and Marcel Banks are charged with bank fraud and money laundering.

While Crusoe worked at the bank as a personal banker, he added two other people secretly to the bank accounts of Wells Fargo customers, allowing them access to those accounts.

From July to August of last year, according to court documents, Crusoe and Deandre Banks took $87,000 from the Wells Fargo bank through the scheme.

Either as secondary account owners, or through Crusoe himself, the three ended up with withdrawals or cashier’s checks from different accounts.

That money was then deposited into a Chase Bank account owned by Deandre Banks, according to court documents, and the money was then withdrawn and transferred to another account owned by Marcel Banks.

According to court documents, the federal government seeks the return of the $87,000 or any property bought with it.