I spend a couple of hours on Sundays putting together ingredients for Sunday Brunch, when you have a little more time for the good stuff.
All social but still lonely? Look Up, a spoken word film for an online generation by Gary Turk has had more than 35 million views since it was posted two weeks ago. It’s about 5 minutes long, and worth it.
- My picks of the week’s Top 10 photos from the Associated Press.
- The Journal Gazette’s top photos of the week.
- My difficult mother: She made me hang on all the harder by novelist Michelle Huneven in the Los Angeles Times. “I think of her in complicated chords of love and pain, gratitude and mounting compassion, many times every single day.”
- If bittersweet is not your cup of tea, The Journal Gazette's Rosa Salter Rodriguez writes about a Warsaw mother and her second chance to give life to her daughter.
- Is elementary school too early to start teaching computer coding? It’s the latest thing. By Matt Richtel of the New York Times in Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, and Lately, Coding.
- Why didn’t MERS spread in Indiana? The Journal Gazette’s Niki Kelly takes a close look at how the deadly virus "picked the wrong hospital and the wrong state."
Did I miss something wonderful? Send me an email with the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anne Gregory is web writer-editor at The Journal Gazette.