You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire


3rd man arrested in north-side bar shooting

A third man charged in a shooting three weeks ago at a north-side bar was arrested, police announced late Saturday.

The Fort Wayne police Gang and Violent Crimes Unit arrested Demanuel Tompkins at 4:46 p.m. Saturday at an apartment on Stardale Drive on the city’s south side. He’s charged with felony battery and criminal gang activity, police said.

The charges against Tompkins, 27, of the 3600 block of Lindbergh Boulevard, stem from a March 30 shooting at Peanuts in which a man ended up shot and beaten and taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Two other men have been arrested in the shooting.

Adonis D. Robinson, 24, of the 6400 block of Hessen Cassel Road, is charged with attempted murder, aggravated battery, battery, criminal recklessness, unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon and criminal gang activity.

Christopher Javon Sewell, 26, of the 5100 block of Lillie Street is charged with felony battery and criminal gang activity.

Sewell, Robinson and Tompkins are all gang members, according to court records.

Court records said the three men walked into Peanuts, 5731 St. Joe Road, about 2:15 a.m. March 30.

Security surveillance video showed Sewell and Tompkins confronting Marvin Davis Jr. while Robinson walked up behind Davis and put a handgun to his head. As Davis fled the bar, Robinson opened fire, striking Davis in the hand, foot and hip. As Davis lay on the floor, bleeding, Sewell and Tompkins began hitting and kicking him, court documents said.

Throughout the attack, Sewell and Tompkins were heard yelling “PAC,” the name of a local gang, according to court documents.

Tompkins and Sewell were each being held in lieu of $13,250 bail Saturday night. Robinson was being held in lieu of $285,000 Saturday night.