A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
1. Local stories you'll want to read
- Allen County officials consider spending millions to expand jail space in light of a new state law that becomes effective July 1.
- New York's mayor wants to ban horse-drawn carriages, but those who offer the rides in Fort Wayne say there is nothing cruel about the lives of their horses.
- Men with tea party leanings challenge 2 veteran female legislators in northeast Indiana primaries.
- About 1,500 guests are expected for Sunday dinner. It'll take 50 volunteers, but the Rescue Mission says it's ready for Easter.
- The Mad Ants are a victory away from reaching a place that was hard to imagine in the franchise's first five years – the D-League Finals.
2. Today's weather
- Sunny, with a high near 62. Click here for more details and an extended forecast.
- Anthony Boulevard is closed at the bridge over the Maumee River, between Berry Street and Lake Avenue, through May. Click here for more area road projects and restrictions.
- On Circus Night at Parkview Field, visiting Peoria provided a display worthy of the Ringling Brothers.
- Komets look to steal another one tonight