1. Local stories you’ll want to read
- Komets power into playoffs After all the third-period struggles this season, and all the power-play woes, it came down to this: The Komets dominated in the third Friday night and got the game-winning goal on a power play in a 4-3 victory over the Evansville IceMen.
- Wanted: Home for Ranger, punishment for ex-owner He was found a few blocks south of Reservoir Park, so caked with urine and feces that his skin had burns from the waste. He appeared to have been locked in a kennel so long that he was hunched over and unable to walk. Today, Ranger has doubled in weight and looks like a whole new dog.
- What ninth-graders envision for Fort Wayne The city has invited the community to say what should be done with the riverfront area. New Tech Academy students did just that.
- Weekend warrior, Kathy Long Got a passion for Scrabble? There’s a club for that.
- Home buyers are starved for choices Interest rates are still low, but there just aren’t enough houses to go around.
Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Click here for more details and an extended forecast.
3. Roadwork & road restrictions
- Divergent diamond work starts Monday at I-69, Dupont
- Road closures and lane restrictions for April 12
4. Sports stories
- Mad Ants rally late, win opener against Reno Fort Wayne erases 13-point deficit in 4th
- Notre Dame completes spring practice today with its Blue-Gold Game.
- Looking for something to do? Click here to check out what’s happening around town.
- City Utilities will host information sessions for residents in southwest Fort Wayne to get an update about their transition from Aqua Indiana water to City Utilities water.