Fort Wayne firefighters rescued a dog this afternoon while battling a house fire on Buena Vista Drive.
Firefighters were called to the fire just before 3:30 p.m., and saw smoke coming from the roof of the two-story house, the Fort Wayne Fire Department said in a statement.
Firefighters advanced hose lines into the attic and put out the fire in about 10 minutes, the statement said. It said no other occupants were home at the time, and no one was hurt.
The fire caused moderate fire and water damage and minor smoke damage, the statement said. It said the fire was ruled accidental because of an electrical malfunction.
Northern Indiana Public Service Co., American Electric Power, Neighborhood Code Enforcement and the Three Rivers Ambulance Authority assisted at the scene, the statement said.