FORT WAYNE – The National Weather Service in northern Indiana has issued a flood warning for the following rivers:
- Maumee River at Fort Wayne until Thursday evening. At 7 a.m. Tuesday the river was 16.8 feet and rising. Flood stage is 17.0 feet. The river was forecast to rise above flood stage Tuesday morning and crest near 17.7 feet about 8 a.m. Wednesday, the weather service said. Minor flooding is forecast.
- St. Joseph River near St. Joe River Fort Wayne, from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday afternoon. At 11 a.m. Tuesday, the river was 12.0 feet and rising. Flood stage is 12.0 feet. The river is forecast to crest near 12.2 feet about 2 a.m. Wednesday. Minor flooding is forecast.
- Maumee River near Defiance, Ohio, affecting Defiance and Henry counties.
- St. Joseph River Ohio above Newville, affecting Allen, DeKalb and Defiance counties.
- St. Marys River near Decatur, affecting Adams, Allen and Van Wert counties.
- Tiffin River near Stryker, affecting Defiance, Fulton and Williams counties.