A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
1. Local stories you'll want to read
- Traditional milk, mooove over. Consumers are gulping down alternatives made from almonds, coconuts, rice, flax and soy. And then there are all sorts of trendy juices, teas and bottled waters.
- 63-year era may come to an end. The future of the Huntington Twin Drive-In is uncertain as it goes to auction Sunday.
- Whitley firm, 122nd assist in Malaysian jetliner search. A Columbia City defense contractor is supplying equipment to be used in attempts to find the plane – which likely went down in the Indian Ocean last month – and the local National Guard is helping load that equipment this morning.
- It's been a long haul for the Mad Ants. On Friday, they defeated the Los Angeles D-Fenders 129-128 in a drama- and controversy-filled double-overtime regular-season finale that clinched the regular-season title and the top seed in the upcoming playoffs.
- Check out our new guide to weekend fun, fitness and chores. Weekend warrior debuts, plus tips for getting your bike ready for the season and tips to get started running.
- Windy with a high in the upper 40s. Luckily, Sunday is looking more promising. Click here for more details and an extended forecast.
- Looking for something to do? Click here for today's best bets.
- Monday is the deadline to register to vote in the May 6 Primary Election.
- Sunday Brunch: When you have a little time for the good stuff (April 6)
- Fire damages three-story home
- Turns out door No. 1 was wrong way to go
- Could have been much worse
- 2 arrested in bar shooting, beating
- Crack in pocket adds charge after weekend in jail
- 3 rescued from flooding; 1 faces DWI count
- Tanker in memory of fallen firefighter