You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Ohio

Advertisement

Flames kill painter keeping warm with space heater

DIAMOND, Ohio – Authorities say a man has died after being burned by a space heater while painting a bathroom at a northeast Ohio park.

The Summit County medical examiner’s office said 49-year-old Jon Blystone of Youngstown was painting a bathroom Wednesday at Green Acres Lake Park in Diamond, between Akron and Youngstown.

He was using a space heater to keep warm, and was seen emerging from the bathroom “engulfed in flames,” according to the medical examiner.

He was taken to an Akron hospital where he died early Thursday.

Advertisement