Got a little time on Sunday to read the story behind the story? How about a video that will have you in tears? To look at a few exceptional photos? I spend a couple of hours on Saturdays looking for stories and items worth sharing.
Anything for love ...
You might need an entire box of hankies for today's featured video. In February, one of Gerdi McKenna's friends wrote an email requesting a photo shoot for all of her friends because she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months before ... and this what happened. Posted two weeks ago on Vimeo by Albert Bredenhan. Suggested by Joyce McCartney.
- Here are the week's Top 10 photos from the AP.
- Here are The Journal Gazette's photos of the week.
- Featured gallery: Komets vs. Gwinnett March 21 by Chad Ryan
- What happened to Kentucky? Coach John Calipari's "players first" philosophy. Jason Zengerle, senior editor at the New Republic, offers the story behind the story about a team that went from the top of the heap to barely a contender. Suggested by Craig Klugman.
- The man who killed Pluto searches the heavens for new worlds to conquer. Ever wonder how scientists come up with those Pluto-slaying theories? It involves long hours, PB&J at midnight and frozen forays on catwalks. If you have an inner geek, you will rejoice in this story. Story by Thomas Curwen and photography by Don Bartletti in the Los Angeles Times.
- Why we're running in the 2014 Boston Marathon. Chelsea Rice of Boston.com pulls together photos, tips and poignant vignettes about those who are getting ready for the marathon. The package includes links to 2013 stories and photos.
Duh tip of the day
See something that begs to be shared? Send an email with the link to email@example.com. Here's to excellence!