You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

Advertisement

Water heater sparks paint fire

Fort Wayne firefighters extinguished a basement fire in Aboite Township on Thursday night after a water heater ignited fumes from spray paint, the fire department said.

The fire department was called at 7:15 p.m. to 2508 Wildcat Cove, near Covington and Scott roads. One person had safely evacuated the home, and firefighters found the owner’s missing dog uninjured, the department said.

The fire started when the occupant was spray-painting in the basement and the water heater kicked on and ignited the fumes, officials said.

The fire department said damage from fire and water was minor while smoke damage was moderate.

Advertisement