You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • Mobile home fire sends 1 to hospital
    A fire at a mobile home this afternoon sent one person to the hospital.  Fort Wayne firefighters were called to the home, 5716 Kelso Lane, just before 1:30 p.
  • Help sought in identifying robbery suspects
    The Fort Wayne Police Department is asking for help in identifying two people who are suspected of robbing the Sparky Mart BP station, 4935 Bluffton Road.
  • Stun gun used as mom flees police
    With her young children yelling “Stop, mommy,” police chasing Paris Laramore eventually had to use a stun gun against her, they said.

Lone shoe leads to pie-eating burglary suspect

Jentsen J. Hill

– A man with a hankering for apple pie ended up in a hospital after he broke through the window of a Fort Wayne business and cut himself on glass, court records said.

Jentsen J. Hill arrived at Parkview Hospital Randallia early Feb. 25 and told hospital staff he had been stabbed, according to court documents.

Hill, 23, had cuts on his right forearm and right ankle and was missing his right shoe. That morning, police responded to a burglary call at Gilkey Wholesale Greenhouse, 137 Chambeau Road.

Officers found a broken window with blood around the window, throughout the building and outside the building.

They also found a right shoe – a mate to the left shoe Hill had in the hospital.

Hill later told police he had blacked out from drinking and didn't remember anything. The owner of the company told police an iPhone had been stolen and that the burglar had eaten an entire apple pie.

She said it would cost $10,000 to $15,000 to repair and clean the building, according to court documents.

Hill faces felony burglary charges and was being held in lieu of $20,000 bail.