The following statement was issued Sunday by the National Weather Service of Northern Indiana:
A weak low pressure system moving east along a strong frontal boundary over the Ohio Valley will continue to cause snow across Southern Michigan, Northern Indiana, and Northwest Ohio through daybreak. The snow will taper off from north to south across our area during the day today, ending over far southeast portions of the area this evening.
A winter weather advisory is now in effect until 7 p.m. EST this evening, meaning:
- Snow will continue this morning and then taper off this afternoon.
- Total snow accumulations of 4 to 5 inches are expected, with locally higher amounts possible.
- Snowfall rates of an inch per hour will be possible in heavier bands of snow.
- Visibilities reduced to around one half mile at times.
- Roads will be snow covered and slippery.