A juvenile playing with lighter sparked a fire in a two-story home at 4017 Warsaw St. Monday night, according to the Fort Wayne Fire Department.
Firefighters arrived at the home about 8:07 p.m. and the fire was under control by 8:16 p.m., a news release said. Two adults and three children were in the home when the fire was called in about 8:05 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, they discovered light smoke showing from the front of the home and the occupants were evacuating. Heavy smoke upstairs made finding the seat of the fire difficult, the release said. It started in a second-flood bedroom closet. The home sustained minor fire and water damage and moderate smoke damage. One firefighter received minor injuries, the release said, but was not transported to a hospital.