The National Weather Service has issued flood warnings for many area rivers in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio, and extended them for others.
In Huntington County, the weather service issued a flood warning for urban areas and small streams in central Huntington County until 1 a.m. Saturday.
County emergency management reported flooding was occurring near the Little River in Huntington, and several streets were closed because of flooding caused by ice jams.
Huntington residents who live along the river were being evacuated, and additional flooding may occur upstream, the weather service said.
Flood warnings were issued or extended for:
- The Salamonie River below Warren, until late Sunday night;
- The Eel River at North Manchester, through Sunday afternoon;
- The Wabash River near Bluffton, through Wednesday afternoon;
- The Tiffin River near Stryker, Ohio, until further notice;
- The Wabash River near Linn Grove, through Tuesday afternoon;
- The St. Joseph River near Newville, through late Tuesday night.