FREMONT, Ind. – A suspected natural gas explosion destroyed a house in rural northeastern Indiana, scattering wood, insulation and other debris around the property.
No injuries were reported from the explosion on Thursday near the Steuben County town of Fremont.
Property owner Dave Ellis told The Herald Republican the woman who lived in the house was at work when the blast happened. Ellis said he pulled the woman’s dog – named Boomer – from the wreckage with only some singed hair.
Fremont Fire Department spokesman Todd Johnson told WANE-TV that there was only a small fire from the explosion. He said the investigation of the blast has been turned over to utility company officials.