And so, in light of Canada 1, U.S. 0 in the Olympic men's hockey semifinals in Sochi, which came on the heels of Canada 3, U.S. 2 in the gold medal women's game ...
Let's go to the scorecard, vis-a-vis Americans vs. Canadians:
* Two attempted invasions of Canada. (Fail; fail).
* One gold medal in hockey. (Fail).
* One shot at getting to a gold medal in hockey. (Fail).
* The American Falls s***.
* They get to keep Rob Ford, the world's most hilarious politician.
* In the traditional bet between national leaders, Canadian prime minister Stephen Harper is now two cases of beer to the good.
* "Dude! Party!" (Rob Ford to Stephen Harper, moments ago).