You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • No answers after shots ring in city
    The vehicles raced down a city street, gunfire ringing out between them.
  • Blaze heavily damages home
    A Fort Wayne family won’t be able to spend Thanksgiving at home after a fire gutted their house Wednesday. Smoke and flames were already visible from the two-story home at 3920 S. Anthony Blvd.
  • Fire burns two apartments
    A fire in two apartments Wednesday afternoon forced the residents to find somewhere else to stay this Thanksgiving.The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called about 4:10 p.m.
Advertisement

Fatal Milford fire was electrical

A fire that claimed two lives at a Milford body shop was caused by an electrical malfunction.

The Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team has ruled the fire that broke out at Medina’s Body Shop on Thursday as accidental.

The fire originated in the ceiling of a work bay and spread throughout the structure, according to the team.

Evidence indicates there was an electrical malfunction in the wiring supplying the power to a ceiling light.

Two people sleeping in an apartment above the body shop were killed in the blaze.

So far, only one of those people has been identified – Annalu Nunez, who died from smoke inhalation.

The Kosciusko County Coroner has yet to confirm the identity of the second person, but officials believe it is likely Jose Medina.

He lived at the body shop with Nunez.

jeffwiehe@jg.net

Advertisement