The fire at a Milford body shop last week that killed a man and a woman has been ruled accidental, the Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team said today.
The fire, which was reported at Medina's Body Shop about 7:20 a.m., originated in the ceiling of a work bay and spread throughout the structure, the team said in a statement.
It said evidence indicates an electrical malfunction in the wiring supplying power to a ceiling light.
Annalu Nunez has been identified as the woman who died in the fire. A man found dead is presumed to be Jose Medina, but DNA tests must be performed to confirm his identity, Indiana State Police have said.
No one was working at the shop when the fire was reported, officials have said. Police said both Nunez and Medina lived at the body shop.