The Steuben County commissioners, sheriff, county highway and the Steuben County Emergency Management officials have issued an “Orange” snow watch level for the county.
Roads are covered with snow and slippery, officials said about 1 p.m. Saturday.
High winds, drifting snow and periods of heavy snowfall are being reports. Some areas of the county are experiencing near white-out conditions, visibility a quarter mile or less.
The National Weather Service said that high winds are expected to continue and that the county could get 3 to 5 inches of snow Sunday morning.
Those who do not have to travel are encouraged not to. If you do have to travel, the county advises allowing plenty of time, driving slower than normal and giving plenty of distance between vehicles.
- Bitter cold places January on par with 3 decades ago
- Steuben County under snow warning
- Winter weather advisory in effect until early Monday
- DeKalb issues Level 2 Travel Watch
- Drifts cover many Noble County roads
- Paulding issues level 2 snow emergency
- LaGrange County: Please stay home
- Whitley issues travel watch