You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • No answers after shots ring in city
    The vehicles raced down a city street, gunfire ringing out between them.
  • Blaze heavily damages home
    A Fort Wayne family won’t be able to spend Thanksgiving at home after a fire gutted their house Wednesday. Smoke and flames were already visible from the two-story home at 3920 S. Anthony Blvd.
  • Fire burns two apartments
    A fire in two apartments Wednesday afternoon forced the residents to find somewhere else to stay this Thanksgiving.The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called about 4:10 p.m.
Advertisement

IHOP evacuated for smoke

A malfunction in a vent caused a north-side restaurant to be evacuated Tuesday morning, the Fort Wayne Fire Department said.

Firefighters were called to IHOP, 4403 Coldwater Road, shortly after 11 a.m. by a caller who said there was smoke in the restaurant and that the evacuation was in progress.

When crews arrived, they saw smoke coming from the roof vent and went inside to find smoke throughout the building.

Several HVAC technicians had been working on the system and noticed the smoke, the department said.

There was minor smoke damage at the restaurant and no injuries were reported.

Advertisement