FORT WAYNE – A malfunction in a vent caused a north-side restaurant to be evacuated late Tuesday morning, according to a statement issued by the Fort Wayne Fire Department.
Firefighters were call to IHOP, 4403 Coldwater Road, shortly after 11 a.m. by a caller who said there was smoke in the restaurant and that the evacuation was in progress.
When crews arrived, they saw smoke coming from the roof vent and went inside to find smoke throughout the building.
Several HVAC technicians had been working on the system and noticed the smoke, the department said.
There was minor smoke damage at the restaurant and no injuries were reported.