MIAMI – Florida wildlife officials say a man tried to trade a live alligator for beer at a Miami convenience store.
State Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Jorge Pino said the man received a citation for illegally capturing and trying to sell the gator.
Pino told WTVJ-TV (http://bit.ly/18THij3) that the man trapped the 4-foot-long gator at a nearby park and brought it to the store Dec. 10. When he proposed to trade the animal for a 12-pack of beer, the store clerk called authorities.
Pino says the alligator was "pretty much in good shape." The animal was released back into the wild.
- Nice: Cab driver returns $300,000 found in back seat
- Video: Man in Santa Claus suit shot with pellet gun
- Naughty: Stealing from the tip jar while applying for a job
- Nice: Secret donor pays off $25,000 in layaway bills
- Homeowner’s association bans kids from playing in the street
- Naughty: Pot vacuum packed, wrapped as Christmas presents