Statement as issued Tuesday by the Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Department:
Fort Wayne, IN.: The skating ponds at Lakeside, East Swinney, Franke and Reservoir Parks are closed to skaters due to thin ice. The Parks & Recreation Department will have the red lights and flags at the ponds to indicate that conditions are not safe.
More reliable ice is available at Headwaters Park during public skating hours. These public skating times are subject to change due to special events, rentals and holidays.
For up-to-date information regarding ice skating and pond ice conditions, please note the red lights/flags that are posted at each outdoor ice skating pond. For additional information, call the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department at 260-427-6000 or visit www.fortwayneparks.org.
Stay safe this winter by following the rules and guidelines of the City and the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Gusty winds, snowdrifts expected today
- 5 stories of interest to Fort Wayne area readers – Tuesday, Dec. 17
- Downhill fun at Reservoir Park
- Winter driving safety tips
- On the road? Here's what you need in your emergency kit
- DNR urges public to beware of ‘thin ice’
- Verbatim: INDOT debuts winter-preparedness video