Statement as issued Monday by The History Center in Fort Wayne:
Winners of the People’s Choice Awards at the 28th Annual Festival of Gingerbread are:
- Larissa Johnson, Student Individual — Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
- Karen Peters, Adult Individual — Snoopy’s Dog House
- St. Vincent DePaul Heritage Girls Explorers, Student Group — Gingerbread Village
- Roehm Family, Adult Group — Coney Island on Lighting Night
Persons attending the Festival voted on their favorite gingerbread creations and the four mentioned were the top vote getters during the first two weeks of the Festival.
Other special awards have been given to:
- Creative Confections Cake Club, Title Sponsor Award — Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Bridge
- Jaime Izak, Presenting Sponsor Award — Gingerbread Log Cabin
- Corbrey Family, Media Sponsor Award — Three Little Pigs House
- Brooke Waikel, Allen County Historian Award — Little River Bakery
- Anthis Career Center, Michelle and Ashley, Board President Award — Arcade
- Estabrook Family, Executive Director Award — Chief Richardville House
- Krach Teen Group, Festival Chair Award — Downton Abbey
Images of these houses are available on the History Center’s Facebook page.
The Festival of Gingerbread ends Sunday, December 15. Special weekend activities the last weekend include Science of Sugary Structures, Saturday, December 14, 1-4 p.m. and a Cookie Decorating Party, Sunday, December 15, 1-4 p.m.
For more information, contact the History Center at (260) 426-2882 or visit the website at www.fwhistorycenter.com.