ERLANGER, Ky. – Airheads Finds Two-thirds of Adults Nostalgic for Trick-or-Treating
Do you long for the days when you spent months planning a creative costume and strategizing how to stop at houses with the best Halloween candy options? If so, you aren’t alone. Recent results to a survey conducted by Airheads reveal that more than half of American adults (58%) miss trick-or-treating. As Halloween quickly approaches, adults are looking fondly back on experiences of Halloween.
Not only do half of adults miss trick-or-treating, but more than 84 percent still get into the Halloween spirit by decorating their homes, watching scary movies and dressing up in costumes. Many adults transition to handing out candy to the ghosts and goblins that come calling on Halloween. "We found that 71 percent of adults purchase Halloween candy," said Mehmet Yusek, President & CEO Perfetti Van Melle USA. "Whether the candy is for trick-or-treaters or as a way of satisfying their own nostalgia, Halloween is a perfect time of year to reconnect to the inner child. Airheads has been a long-time favorite at Halloween, and continues to be one."
Airheads Choices at Halloween
– Airheads has many offerings that serve as great treats to pass out to trick-or-treaters.
– Airheads has special packs for Halloween so you can make sure you have enough candy for all the trick-or-treaters! 75ct. and 105ct. Airheads mini bars bags 75ct. party mix with Airheads pops and mini bars
– The classic Airheads bars consumers know and love are available in Blue Raspberry, Strawberry, Cherry, Green Apple, Watermelon, White Mystery and Orange.
– Airheads Xtremes sour belts pack a punch! They come in Rainbow Berry, Bluest Raspberry or Wacky Watermelon.
– The favorite, chewy and intense Xtremes flavors now come in bite-sized pieces! The sweetly sour taste is now even easier to eat!
– New Airheads Xtremes Bites and Airheads Bites are proving to be a favorite among candy fans.
Return to Trick-or-Treating On October 24, Airheads is making trick-or-treat dreams come true for kids and adults alike across the country with pop-up trick-or-treat doors in Chicago, Boston and New York. Trick-or-treating in those locations is simple - just knock on our Airheads door, say trick-or-treat and be instantly rewarded with Airheads candies.
"We had hunch that trick-or-treating was the one childhood activity that adults missed the most," said Yuksek. "That’s why we decided to bring it back this year and help the adults that want back in on the action!"
Trick-or-treat locations include the Taxi Stand at Grand Central Terminal in New York, N.Y., the Plaza at Boston City Hall in Boston, Mass. and the outdoor plaza at the Thompson Center in Chicago, Ill.
About Airheads: Airheads is a brand long loved by people of all ages for its chewy texture, tangy fruit flavors and bright colors. Airheads are perfect for social gatherings, eating on the go or for a great snack. Airheads were invented right here in the USA and can be purchased at many convenience, drug, retail, club and grocery stores. Airheads are available in single bars, six packs, big bars, mini bars, bags and theater boxes in flavors like Blue Raspberry, Strawberry, Cherry, Green Apple, Watermelon, White Mystery and Orange.